We are wrapping up the blog tour for Ashen City, and I am BLOWN AWAY by the amazing reviews posted by my readers. Ashen City was definitely my favorite book to write in this series, but I had no idea it would be the readers’ favorite as well. So grateful to everyone who took a chance on this series!
NOW, for the last and final post in the tour, I am sharing 10 fun facts about Black Tiger!
- Rain did not exist in the first draft. He popped in as a convey-information-through-dialogue side character, and ended up taking over the story. Typical Rain.
- The phrase “Son of a jackal” was borrowed from Aladdin. (You two-faced son of a jackal!)
- My first glimmer of this series came to me when I toured the mega caverns below Louisville.
- There used to be an epic fight scene in Black Tiger where all the prisoners battled against each other in an arena and the winner was set free. It was supposed to mirror the gladiatorial contests of Ancient Rome, but because the idea was too much like The Hunger Games, I took it out.
- The first three chapters are almost word-for-word exactly the same as when I first wrote them.
- Ember’s name used to be Iva (Inspired by an Amish reality show I was watching at the time).
- I was originally going to have velociraptors instead of black tigers.
- Black Tiger used to have no Christianity and a lot of edginess, then it had no edginess and was very Christian. It only felt right and real when it had a little bit of both sprinkled in.
- The characters Rain and Forest were inspired by the Damon and Stefan Salvator from the tv show The Vampire Diaries.
- Ember was supposed to be soft-spoken and shy, but she had a mind of her own. #TooOutSpoken
If you missed any of the past posts on this blog tour, you can find them below! (And thanks again to those who participated!)
April 6th – Holly’s Little Book Reviews – Book Review
April 10th – Brie Donning – Book Review & Interview
April 12thQuills and Inkblotts– Book Spotlight
April 14th – Hope Perch – Book Review
April 17th – Somewhere Between the Nebulae – Book Review
April 18thJannette Fuller – Book Spotlight
FINALLY, I am having a GIVEAWAY where you could enter for a chance to win a paperback of either Black Tiger or Ashen City, an adjustable “Inhale/Exhale” ring, Louisville skyline bookmarks, and a journal! Enter here.
YOUR TURN! Were there any facts above that you saw coming? Which ones surprised you?